Design and construction of a 40 cabinet high density enterprise data centre inside a multi story tower and comply with existing LEED Silver building certification.
- Facility needs to be placed inside an existing floor plate by converting office space
- Client wants a “show piece” data center since it will form part of corporate office
- Slab to slab clear height was limited requiring careful planning related to cooling plant and airflow
- Equipment weight densities will require unique structural approach
- Corporate governance related to environmental impact of project deemed important (maintain LEED)
- Leveraged Enwave deep lake water cooling system available in downtown GTA
- Value engineering approach used to design a structural suspended ceiling to accommodate cooling and power distribution
- Careful planning and execution related to construction inside an existing live environment
- Detailed equipment selection criteria exercise results in specific UPS, transformer, and cooling gear all of which operate at high efficiency ratings even when lightly loaded
The turnkey solution (design, construction, project management, commissioning, and life cycle maintenance) aligned with the customer’s corporate, branding, and environmental objectives. The data centre was designed and constructed to maximize space availability, elegantly, and effectively distribute cooling and power cables, and deliver high reliability while not sacrificing energy efficiency while operating at lower density during ramp up to full capacity.
Equipment selection included UPS systems capable of operating at 97% efficiency even at 40% load, transformers meeting the highest level of energy ratings, and a combination ceiling mounted + in-row cooling system designed with additional rough-ins for future growth plans.
This is the second time CRSC was engaged on project with this client, previously completing a 3,500sq.ft. data centre
How Can We Help You?
"*" indicates required fields